Re: [README] [IMPORTANT] rep-gtk and gtk+3

Am Sat, 14 Aug 2010 10:12:02 +0900 (JST)
schrieb Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com>:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:26:01 +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> > So any comments on that topic?
> >
> > (remember: a) g-wrap b) GIS c) GUILE d) FFI e) redir to GUILE-VM)
>
> From the faq in git HEAD:
> Why don't you use GUILE or other languages?
>
> (Current Sawfish community's attitude.)
>
> We can't afford it. We're understaffed.
>
> I don't understand other choices. Anyone?
>
> Regards,
> Teika (Teika kazura)

Well porting g-wrap was the first thing we thought about. GIS (gobject-introspection)
didn't exist back then, but it does now. Switching to GUILE was a wish by some users, but
as I and you said it won't happen. FFI (Foreign Functions Interface) is another way
similar to GIS, but not bound to GNOME-only stuff. redir to GUILE-VM was proposed Clinton
Ebadi.

I've explained them more exactly in a previous mail.