Re: Questionnaire 3 on Sawfish usage

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 07:47:34 +0900 (JST)
Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com> wrote:

> 1. What's your theme? Any comments on Sawfish theme?

mxflat.  I like it because it is simple, has tiny (or no) window
borders, and the title bar can be set quite small.

> 2. Why you switched to Sawfish? Is there any feature lacking in
>    Sawfish, but was present in your previous window manager?
>    (a question by Alexey Froloff. Sorry Alexey for postponing a year.)

I used windowmaker before sawfish, but that was a long time ago.

I've been somewhat tempted to try out a tiling window manager but I
have sawfish way too customized to change.

> 3. What's your trayer, if you're using Sawfish standalone?
>    (by Daniel Fetchinson)

I run a gnome panel.

> 4. How do you switch the window? After all, it's the window
> manager. :) 5. Do you switch the screen resolution? If so, tell us
> your related hacks, or what you want there.

If there are only a few windows on a workspace I will use alt-tab.  If
there are more I try to use waffle.  I generally don't have too many
windows on any given workspace.

I do switch screen resolution very regularly assuming you count
changing from two displays to one and back again.

I have an nvidia card in my laptop and the laptop has an HDMI and VGA
port.  I run either just the internal 1920x1080 display or two external
1920x1080 displays.  I have a little custom shell script with a while
loop that watches to see which displays are connected.  It uses a
little program called disper to configure the displays and it also runs
sawfish-client to change the coordinates for some of my window
placement quadrants.

Pat