Re: [README] Need two teams for working on sawfish (also for non-developers)

Am Mittwoch, den 23.09.2009, 21:05 +0200 schrieb Christopher Roy
Bratusek:
> Hi all,
>
> I've thought on how sawfish could be improved further ... so I came up
> with two ideas:
>
> 1.
> **************
>
> We need one team improved the code.

improving

>  Improving the code does not mean the
> code itself, it means to improve the coding-style for better
> readabilitly (also remove all whitespace, as changes in it break patches
> easily). Theoretically this can be done by anyone, as it does not
> involve real code-changes. So is there anyone willing to volounteer,
> this is considered a long-term task beginning asap and ending with 3.0

thinking about it, it would also include something like moving from

(defun foo (params)) to (define (foo params))

and to add some more comments / improving docs

> While it would be nice to at least have one person in the team with good
> lisp-knowledge, as I'm sure it may also lead to some (small) bugs beeing
> found/squashed.
>
> 2.
>
> Better strings and command-names. sawfishs strings and naming scheme is
> a mess. This teams work is split in two:
>
> Sawfish 1.x: only doing string changes and renaming internal variables.
>
> Sawfish 3.0: renaming commands & co. Ignore compatibility for 3.0

for 3.0 another possibility would be to also rename modules so that they
have better names, too.