Re: Firefox urlbar flickers under enter-exit

Am Dienstag, den 22.09.2009, 16:09 +0900 schrieb Teika Kazura:
> Hi, Chris, thank you for report. Yet, mine is different.
>
> My case happens from time to time, not always, when I type in
> urlbar. Completions should appear below urlbar, but when completion
> pull-down flickers, about half of key types are swallowed into vacuum.
>
> I've come up with better workaround: choose enter-exit, my favorite,
> as the global focus option, and let window matcher select enter-only
> for firefox. Since my ff is always fullscreen, it does not harm.
>
> Teika (Teika kazura)

O.K. actually it's *not* the URLbar flickering it's the GtkCompletion()
Entry ... This bug is known to me, but I actually never reported it. If
you move the pointer outside there the GtkCompletion would pop-up it
will work as expected, even using the GtkCompletion will work correctly,
the issue only appears if the pointer is in the area of the
GtkCompletion while it is beeing mapped.

If you don't know the GtkCompletion or want a test-case you can simply
edit, check out the gnome-run-dialog I've written, it uses a
GtkCompletion to pop-up possible commands (written in Python-GTK and
still uses libglade instead of GtkBuilder, but I'm planning on moving
from Python-GTK to Rep-GTK):

http://www.nanolx.org/free/gnome-run-dialog-1.6.0.tar.bz2