Re: Firefox urlbar flickers under enter-exit

Am Samstag, den 19.09.2009, 14:48 +0900 schrieb Teika Kazura:
> Hi. If you suffer from flickering of firefox urlbar, like me, for
> years, then a good news: it happens under enter-exit focus mode. All
> other modes don't cause it. But I don't know yet how to solve the
> problem gracefully.
>
> I noticed it by a recent edit. When I inserted the comment in
> focus.jl[1] that Timo wrote, I found it resembles the phenomenon I've
> got.
>
> [1] See the comment above (define-focus-mode 'enter-exit):
> http://git.gnome.org/cgit/sawfish/plain/lisp/sawfish/wm/focus.jl
>
> Regards,
> Teika (Teika kazura)

I've had a similar issue when cycling, once ...

X.Org repeated TAB for a very long time (very long = up to 30 secs),
which looked like the urlbar flickers, but actually it was the
TAB-repeatness which switched between all widgets Even pressing ESC
didn't prevent X.Org from doing that (unless done xxxxx-times, but I
guess it's like pressing xxxxx-times "A" on a game-console to get rid of
the credits, one press of "A" is at the same time the credits would so
or so disappear ... but pressing ESC to stop that a) gives you something
to do meanwhile and b) a good feeling about winning against X.Org)
*sigh*, but: after a specific update from Debian X.Org Team, the issue
disappeared (no change regarding that in sawfish), so it must be a bug
in X.Org.