Re: Some stuff to discuss about

Timo Korvola <Timo Korvola iki fi> writes:
> On Tuesday 22 September 2009 00:40:48 Timo Korvola wrote:

>> As an Emacs user I would prefer "Bindings" to "Shortcuts".
>> Unfortunately "Shortcuts" may well be the most intuitively obvious
>> term for new users,
>
> On second thought, these days Sawfish probably has more appeal for the
> average Emacs user than for the average user of KDE / Gnome / whatever,
> so "Bindings" may actually be more familiar to _our_ new users.

Yes, particularly since "shortcuts" suggests that there's a more obvious
long method.  In some environments (KDE / Gnome / whatever) that more
obvious long method would be some arcane series of menu clicks[1], but
in sawfish the keybindings aren't just short ways of accessing menu
structures.

> So the only term that hasn't been changed but perhaps should be is
> "Matched Windows".  John's "Window Rules" is perhaps even better than
> "Window-Specific" from KDE.

I like "Window Rules."

[1] Hmmm... I may be letting my biases show here.  ;)

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org>