Re: rename-window far from beeing perfect

Hi.

Isn't it ok to have rename-window as a practical hack against ICCCM?
It's the fact that there're crazy titles set by clients. But at least,
it should be documented that it's a mere resort.

It is also possible to put it on Scripts page in wiki, rather than
adopting in the trunk. I'm not sure which is right. Anyway, thank you
Timo for notice.

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:42:00 +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> [On] rename-window [...]  when an app changes the (_NET_)WM_NAME on it's
> own, our customized one is beeing erased

Is it possible to react with property-notify-hook or things like that?
In that case, I think this kind of code should go into user contrib
scripts, not into trunk.

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)