Re: fdo-menu partial re-write

Am Sonntag, den 06.09.2009, 11:40 -0600 schrieb Matthew Love:
> Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de> writes:
>
> > Works for me (sets language correctly now, out-of-the-box (de_DE.UTF8 ->
> > de)).
> >
> > Just one thing: could you make update-saw-menu callable from
> > sawfish.wm.menus? (only if that wouldn't ignore settings from
> > resourcefiles, but I guess not)
> >
> > When I could get rid of sawfish.wm.extras (since gnome-int does now only
> > add some menu-entries and changes xterm and browser if not customized by
> > the user, it would be o.k. to let sawfish load sawfish.wm.defaults on
> > every system, as it won't hurt (anymore), try-require would then be
> > moved from sawfish.wm.extras to sawfish.wm.default and the former (which
> > at this point is empty) is beeing removed)
> >
> > ... Tooltips and Icons would be also nice, but this is not necessary and
> > a long-term task.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your efforts,
> > Chris
>
> It seems to work that way if you put (update-saw-menu) in user.jl, updating the menu
> after loading the rc file(s).  This allows the user to either set their
> own menu (dont need to set the 'use-fdo-menu variable, as fdo-menu will
> not generate if apps-menu has a value), or set fdo-menu variables in
> their .sawfish[/]rc file.
>
> It will generate a default menu if the --no-rc switch is used, using the
> language set from the system. (using the updated fdo-menu.jl)
>
> here are the patches for user.jl and exrtras.jl if you want to try it out.
>
> Cheers

commited it, but a bit different, sawfish.wm.extras does now no longer
exist (see ChangeLog).

... Well I've got a question: some sawfish modules spit out *invalid*
compiler-warnings, just like fdo-menu did (eg wm.misc or wm.user), as
you fixed them for fdo-menu successfully, could you please fix the other
modules, too? Of course it's not that important, as they work, but it
just looks better :)

Thanks for your efforts,