Re: Help on heads again

Janek Kozicki said:     (by the date of Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:27:59 +0200)

> Jeremy Hankins said:     (by the date of Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:41:31 -0500)
> > Does current-head work for windows outside of the current viewport?
> > To test:
> >  - Create a couple of windows with unique names (e.g., via xterm -title
> >    "Foo" and -title "Bar")  Make sure that they're in different heads.
> >  - In sawfish-client run: (current-head (get-window-by-name "Foo")), and
> >    the same thing for "Bar".  You'll get the head ID of the head with
> >    the window.
> >  - Go to another viewport and fire up sawfish-client, run the same
> >    commands as before.  Does the output match, or did switching
> >    viewports change the head IDs?
>
> I just connectted a 3rd LCD, I have now 1600x1200, 1920x1200, 1600x1200.
> I'll try to find time on Friday evening and test your stuff.
>
> If you have any more explanations about what to test, or what to type
> in sawfish-client, don't hesitate to write.

One more thing - is it possible to test your patches on 1.5.0 ?

I'm afraid that I won't find enough time to upgrade to any later
version. Easier if I could just apply your patch to what I currently
have.

BTW: setting a useful config with three LCDs is a real PITA. I had to
downgrade xserver to 7.3, because the latest xorg is plain crashing
with more than one video card (when using xinerama), and this is a
well known bug. Xorg Devs say that it will stop crashing with 2.6.32. Well.

Also I can't have composite and xrandr anymore. Also due to two-card
problems. Even though 1st is NVS 290 & 2nd is NVS 280, and all NVS
nvidia cards are designed to cooperate with each other (a different
design than geforce or quadro). Weird stuff.

best regards