Revert try-require?

Hi. Recently, new func `try-require' is added into wm.defaults:
;; try to trequire a script, but don't
;; err if failed
(define (try-require sym)
  (condition-case nil
      (require sym)
    (error nil)))

1. I don't think it makes sense. If 'require' fails,
then the code that follows doesn't work, with error
"(void-value symbol-foo-bar)". But they wonder why it is not
defined, since they assume it's loaded. So, what has to be detected is
that require failed.

But it's not written that it returns a signal at failure. I'll do that.

2. Even if it's to be adopted, this shouldn't be in Sawfish, but in
librep.

What do you think?

Teika (Teika kazura)