Re: [TODO] Review Patches, please

GSR - FR <famrom infernal-iceberg com> writes:
> zanghar freenet de (2009-05-02 at 1312.01 +0200):
>> 1) 13 mouse buttons
>
> IIRC this one was suspended because it was a complex thing that
> depended in others. Keep as suspended.

It is suspended because it proposes doing more of the wrong thing.
Support for buttons 6-9 was implemented poorly and needs to be
rethought.  Possibly also that for buttons 1-5, as using modifier bits
to represent mouse buttons does not seem very useful even when
supported by X.  The internal representation of events as a pair of
integers would need to be changed (see keys.h and translate_event).
We could perhaps store the button number in some unused bits of the
code part and let the lower 16 bits of the mods part be the real X
mods.  It seems that mouse events only use three bits of the code
part, so there should be plenty of room even if we reserve a few bits
more for the event type.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>