Re: [ANNOUNCE] rep-gtk-0.18.4 (other scheme..)

guile is just an example. and sure it can be extended by c library if there is any function missing.

I did a simple search in my archlinux's package manager, and found some other candidates/reference works:

0) extra/guile-gtk
   Guile-gtk is glue code to make the GTK+ (the Gimp Toolkit) accessible from Guile
1) clisp-lisp2:
   ANSI Common Lisp interpreter, compiler and debugger (with gtk2 enabled)
2) clfswm:
   A(nother) Common Lisp FullScreen Window Manager
3) stumpwm-git:
   A tiling, keyboard-driven window manager written in common lisp
4) cmucl:
   CMU Common Lisp. There are two CMUCL bindings to the GTk+ widget set. Espen Johnsen's clg binds directly to the GTk event loop via the CMUCL FFI (GNU LGPL).  Gilbert Baumann's (older) binding uses a client-server model to avoid problems with mixing two event loops.

I think the advantage of guile is that it's used by gimp, which is a popular and should be long living software, so guile-gtk will be well maintained as long as gimp is alive.

The advantage of clisp is that common lisp is a lot more powerful than scheme. but im not sure if it's a good or bad thing for developing sawfish.

Anyway, the more lightweight the development is, the more active can the development be. Thinking about those options is not a bad thing i think.

regards
lars