Re: CentOS5 RPM for sawfish?

From: Michal Jaegermann <michal harddata com>
Subject: Re: CentOS5 RPM for sawfish?
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 04:52:29 -0600

> On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 08:01:41AM +0200, Petter Gustad wrote:
>>
>> However, it's a stock CentOS
>> 5.3 with the sawfish required tools installed from source in
>> /usr/local
>
> Nope!  I know from a personal experience that sawfish compiles, and

1.3.5.1 works at least for me.

> works, on CentOS without installing anything not in regular
> repositories.  I ran quite a few versions of sawfish recompiled in
> this environment (that means CentOS 4.x installations and later 5.y
> for various x and y and I am quite sure that with older, still
> supported, versions of CentOS that would be also a non issue).

What sawfish versions did you compile and install under CentOS 5.3?

> You do not have to be for that a "CentOS expert".  Differences
> between various Linux distros are really skin-deep.

I know, but they tend to differ in the way they manage packages and
the contents of the different packages as well as how to enable init
scripts which start services like xfs etc. That's where I thought I
might have missed something essential for sawfish.

Petter