Re: [Patch] fix non-english letters in root-menu -> windows and window-menu->In group issue

Am Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:53:23 +0800
schrieb Wang Diancheng <dianchengwang gmail com>:

> Hi Teika,

>     > Hi, Wang Diancheng, thanks for great patch. Most are ok.  Tell
>     > me, in librep patch you included some macros, but for what?
>     > They don't seem necessary, and have (minor) some shortcomings
>     > as described below, they may be deleted.
>
> These macro can be removed, now. I left them here, just because I want
> to provde more utf-8 related functions if needed in future. Anyway I
> will send another patch to cleanup the code.

Then we'll keep them, rather than removing and re-adding them.

>     > There's a misleading point in UTF8_LENGTH. There (Char) takes
>     > ucs (or Unicode 'codepoint' in more slack terminology) arg,
>     > unlike other 'Char's, which are a real byte. And UTF8_LENGTH
>     > converts ucs Char to length in bytes in utf-8 representation,
>     > right? We don't seem to need this macro.
>
>     > On the other hand, UTF8_GET can be used to check the validity,
>     > that is, it can check if the given string is really utf-8, so
>     > may be of use. (More precisely, if it returns -1, then it's not
>     > utf-8, but nothing can be said otherwise.) Anyway, because
>     > sawfish doesn't handle so many strings, we don't need inline
>     > function, so if it is to be rewritten (currently not
>     > necessary), it can be implemented as a usual function.
>
>     > Lastly, let me ask a question on copyright notice. You say that
>     > you borrowed codes from glib, but "This file some code come from
>     > glib:" is enough as copyright notice for GPL'd work?
>
> Because many code come from glib, glib's copyright is GPL, in fact, I
> don't know how to process this situation, suggestion and patch
> welcome! :)

librep is also GPL'ed so a copyright notice in the file-header should
be enough (as the GPL is already beeing shipped)

>     > Thanks a lot!
>
>     > Teika (Teika kazura)

Thanks for your both efforts,