Infinite desktop todo ideas

Hi.

Infitine-desktop (ID hereafter) is adopted in sawfish-1.5.  Though
it's a very attractive feature, incorporation to the sawfish is not
complete. Let me describe how it is so, and how it can be
improved. (Though a bit tedious task, mainly aesthetic.)  Tell me how
you think of them.

WS = workspace, VP = viewport

ID has in fact two funcitons, smooth-scroll of desktop by mouse and
unlimiting desktop size. The option 'infitine-desktop-p', enables both.
There's another option 'infinite-desktop.stop-at-workspace-borders'
to restore the desktop size. But infitine-desktop-p should be
replaced by, say, "smooth-scroll-by-mouse", and size should be set
as VP option.

I deliberately used the word "desktop" instead of "viewport". Because
the notion of current VP is a bit confusing when ID is involved.

How can they be united? Let's look at the Configurator. Currently,
Section "Workspaces" has three subsections, viewport, edge-flip, and
ID. I think one is enough, named "Desktop size", and it lists options:
* Enlargement of desktop size (aka viewport)
 * No limit (infinite)
 * x by y (unit in screen)
* What happens when mouse pointer hits the screen edge?
 * Do nothing.
 * Go next WS.
 * Scroll desktop by one screen size. (Next VP)
 * Smooth scroll the desktop.
* Un-iconify in the current screen. (No restores to the original location.)
And current edge-flip and ID options appear according to the last
item.

The current option "Number of steps for viewport scrolling" can be made
obsolete, and fixed to 1.

This requires radio button. Radio button is avaliable from rep-gtk,
but not in configurator. So implementation of this idea needs
rework in configurator, too.

This may involve change in VP related definitions. I don't know how
VP is implemented, so I can't tell much now.

Even if VP size is unlimited, it is possible that sawfish-pager shows
only some fixed part, but this is pager's option.

The change in VP definition is a bit dangerous, so the rework has to
be done in seprate branch. I won't work on this now, because
Configurator translation issue is far more important.

I like current VP, by scrolling one screen size. Since not few people
use Sawfish without mouse, abandoning it never happens, don't worry
friends:)

By the way, there's an option in ID which says:
"Stop scrolling at workspace borders (Fixes warp-to-window bugs)."
Does anyone know what this bug is? I can't confirm it.

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)