Re: How can I start urxvt as fullscreen ?

On 7/14/09, Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org> wrote:
> Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de> writes:
>> Am Tue, 14 Jul 2009 22:16:35 +0800
>> schrieb Wang Lei <wanglei 198112 gmail com>:
>
>>> I like only 1 window on screen. I use match window to make emacs, xpdf
>>> and Iceweasel start as fullscreen. But how can I do to urxvt ? It has
>>> border all the time.
>>>
>>> I tried to add the code like this into .sawfish script, but it makes
>>> the wm dead.
>
>> try using the window-matcher and set it to maximized, currently
>> maximization options for the window-matcher is only horizontally,
>> vertically, or both, fullscreen is currently not supported, but if you
>> wish I may add that to 1.6s window-matcher
>
> I think it makes sense to include a fullscreen matcher.  But in the
> interim you (Wang Lei) can use this:
>
> ;; New property for making a window fullscreen:
> (define-match-window-setter 'fullscreen
>   (lambda (w prop value)
>     (declare (unused prop))
>     (when value
>       (window-put w 'queued-fullscreen-maximize t))))
>
> which will create a fullscreen tag for the matcher.  It wont show up in
> the customize dialog -- I never use it, so I've never figured out how to
> add stuff to it.  You'd have to do something like this in your
> .sawfishrc (I don't use rxvt, so I don't know the proper class string):
>
> (add-window-matcher 'WM_CLASS "^rxvt/rxvt$"
>                     '(fullscreen . t))
>
> You may also find this useful:
>
> ;; New property to put a window on a workspace by itself.
> (define-match-window-setter 'new-workspace
>   (lambda (w prop value)
>     (declare (unused prop))
>     (when value
>       (let ((space (car (workspace-limits))))
>         (while (not (workspace-empty-p space))
>           (setq space (1+ space)))
>         (set-window-workspaces w (list space))))))
>
> Then you can do:
>
> (add-window-matcher 'WM_CLASS "^rxvt/rxvt$"
>                     '(fullscreen . t)
>                     '(new-workspace . t))
>
> If you do use the new-workspace matcher, though, be careful assigning it
> to anything that pops up multiple windows....
>
> --
> Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org>
> PGP fingerprint: 748F 4D16 538E 75D6 8333  9E10 D212 B5ED 37D0 0A03

It works well! I haven't touch window property before, your code is a
good start.

Thanks!

To Chris:
I'd like this option is added to v1.6. Maybe someone else is waiting
it too. And hirhorizontal, vertically, both are supported, why
fullscreen not ?

--
Regards
Lei