Re: Do we need "--tag=CC" patch?

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:27:59AM +0900, Teika Kazura wrote:
> Hi. Gentoo provides this patch.

(patch adding CC tag skipped).

IIRC some (???) versions of libtool had troubles guessing that
correctly, at least in some circumstances, and that meant a
compilation failure unless that tag was explicitely provided.

> Do we benefit by merging it into trunk?

I do no know for nowadays.  That appears to be "belt-and-suspenders"
thing but one of these seems to actually fail from time to time.

   Michal