Re: [SF] xconsole mystery

Janek> by my guess, part of the problem is that 'matched windows' stuff
Janek> applies only when a new window is opened. Perhaps we need a patch
Janek> which applies 'matched windows' instructions upon sawfish start
Janek> to all already opened windows....

Ian> I'll look into it this weekend, and this is in fact the direction
Ian> I'll try first.

Hmm, no, that can't be it.  Even windows that already exist when sawfish
starts go through the mapping protocol, the code around windows.c:1607
takes care of that.  Then map_request() in events.c calls add_window(),
from which before-add-window-hook is run, and that's where the matchers
hide.  So the matchers must in fact be applied against my window.

--
Ian Zimmerman <itz buug org>
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD