Re: Future Plans .....
- From: Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de>
- To: sawfish-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Future Plans .....
- Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 21:56:09 +0100
Am Tue, 29 Dec 2009 22:21:31 +0200
schrieb Timo Korvola <Timo Korvola iki fi>:
> On Monday 28 December 2009 18:25:51 Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> > Compositor
> > Improve system for handling keys/keyboards
> > [Timo, Janek, Teika, Jeremy]
> I don't know what improvements Chris had in mind. I have heard of
> problems with multiple keyboard layouts, some of which I suspect have
> to do with the broken and inextensible mouse support, but I don't use
> multiple layouts myself. I have not had much time to work on Sawfish
> lately, and I don't expect that to improve. Long ago I thought I
> would have a go at fixing the mouse support and started by reverting
> the broken changes. Unfortunately I have not had time to continue.
* On my system ALT is bound to ALT, but sawfish recognizes it as META,
so using A in keybindings has no effect.
* Next, sawfish does not differ between NumLock On or Off, therefore
KP_[0-9] are not available for bindings and bindings with
KP_[Home,Left,whatever] are always active, so you can't use NumLock
Off + 5 (= KP_Home) to issue a function and NumLock On + 5 (= KP_5) to
insert a `5' in the current window, as sawfish both times sees
* AltGR is recognized as Mod5, though it actually is
ISO_Level3_Shift on my System. Of course I can use ISO_Level3_Shift
in bindigs correctly, unlike A for the ALT key, but this is confusing,
if you use ISO_Level3_Shift and Sawfish refers to Mod5.
Or in other words: major revision of keys.[ch]
I'm pretty sure there are more issues though,
] [Thread Prev