Re: Can't integrate translation in module sawfish i gnome git

Le vendredi 18 décembre 2009 à 23:10 +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek a
écrit :
> Am Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:51:11 +0100
> schrieb Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net>:
>
> > Le vendredi 18 décembre 2009 à 18:04 +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek a
> > écrit :
> > (...)
> > > Also using intltool for translating sawfish is not recommended, as
> > > intltool can only recognize strings surounded by (_ ) but most of
> > > sawfishs strings aren't. Now if you use intltool-update will mark
> > > all *valid* strings as #~. So for the time beeing, you should make
> > > sure that the old strings are not disabled/untranslated when using
> > > intltool.
> > >
> > > Current sane way is to do the following:
> > >
> > > cd po
> > >
> > > # generates a *complete* .pot
> > > ./make-pot
> > >
> > > # updates all po files against the new pot file
> > > for PO in $(ls *.po); do
> > > 	./update.sh $(basename $PO .po)
> > > done
> > >
> > > Editing the po file NOW is safe.
> > >
> > > I know that this is not optimal, sorry.
> >
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > Damned-Lies supports special way to generate pot files, under two
> > conditions:
> > - the custom script should apply in a clean tree (that is without
> > requiring an autogen/configure)
> > - the custom script should be written in a 'standard' (no troll
> > intent!) language (e.g. bash, perl, python).
> >
> > Another way would be to commit the pot file in Git and Damned-Lies
> > could use it to generate stats. I know it's suboptimal to commit
> > generated files, but it would be a workaround.
> >
> > Claude
> >

> Hi Claude,
>
> both scripts are shell scripts, which should work with any modern sh. I
> just commited a little change to make-pot to make it work in a clean
> tree (it checks wether $(srcdir)/DOC exists or not, and creates it, if
> not -- the DOC file is generated by repdoc, which makes the difference
> between a intltool or make-pot generated pot-file: it detects all
> strings). update.sh works, if there's a pot file in the tree.

./make-pot: 25: repdoc: not found

repdoc/rep seem not to be commonly installed programs (librep9 package).
Is it possible for you to find equivalent commands in standard tools?

Claude