Re: Can't integrate translation in module sawfish i gnome git

Le vendredi 18 décembre 2009 à 18:04 +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek a
écrit :
(...)
> Also using intltool for translating sawfish is not recommended, as
> intltool can only recognize strings surounded by (_ ) but most of
> sawfishs strings aren't. Now if you use intltool-update will mark all
> *valid* strings as #~. So for the time beeing, you should make sure
> that the old strings are not disabled/untranslated when using intltool.
>
> Current sane way is to do the following:
>
> cd po
>
> # generates a *complete* .pot
> ./make-pot
>
> # updates all po files against the new pot file
> for PO in $(ls *.po); do
> 	./update.sh $(basename $PO .po)
> done
>
> Editing the po file NOW is safe.
>
> I know that this is not optimal, sorry.

Hi Chris,

Damned-Lies supports special way to generate pot files, under two
conditions:
- the custom script should apply in a clean tree (that is without
requiring an autogen/configure)
- the custom script should be written in a 'standard' (no troll intent!)
language (e.g. bash, perl, python).

Another way would be to commit the pot file in Git and Damned-Lies could
use it to generate stats. I know it's suboptimal to commit generated
files, but it would be a workaround.

Claude