Re: Dual-head with one head rotated?

Hi, Omen Wild. Let me propose a trick.

1.
If you never use xmessage (I guess it's installed.), run
xmessage -geometry 500x100+300+200 hi &
(The first two args are for size, and the last two are positions.)
Choose apropriate geometry to put the window in the dead zone.

If you use xmessage for other use, then add
-title "to-avoid".

2.
Open the configurator, and choose "Matched Window"
(in 1.6, "Window Rules")

3.
Add the rule for "xmessage" with "avoid" option set to "yes".  What
"avoid" really means is "avoided" (it's a misnomer), so Sawfish try to
place other windows avoiding overlap with xmessage.  (Yes, you can set
geometry with configurator, too.)

If you rotate your heads from time to time, then prepare several
scripts, and run appropriate one each time.

I hope this works.

As for the official release, some xRandR enhancements are planned for
1.7/3.0, but I doubt it will include Xinerama dead zone problem, and
not for 1.6 which will be released this december.  (For those who
don't know it: read Omen's previous post and wikipedia article on
Xinerama.)  It's because core members don't have multi heads. (So
don't feel like developing one. ;)

Thanks anyway for reminding the community of the issue.

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)