Re: installation rant (ignore if in bad mood)

Well actually I spent some time improving the autotools stuff in those
three and -I don't want to sound selfish, but- they are much better
than before. Except PKG_CONFIG_PATH there's no additional work needed,
though for most people this is *not* necessary, plus: it's not my fault,
if fedoras pkg-config does not include /usr/local/lib by default, on
Debian it works as it should, you should file a bug-report on fedoras
bugzilla.