Re: rep-gtk's glue-code-generator drives me mad

Am Samstag, den 22.08.2009, 17:22 +0200 schrieb Jürgen Hötzel:
> On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 11:43:54AM +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm currently updating rep-gtk to the gtk+ 2.12 API. All of a sudden
> > rep-gtk uses the old glue-code-generator (build-gtk.jl) from guile-gtk
> > (which has been supersedded by guile-gnome). And when defining several
> > stuff it generates incompatible pointers -> non-working functions.
>
> First of all: Thanks for resurrecting rep(-gtk)! I switched back to
> sawfish recently and try rep(-gtk) for prototyping Gtk+
> applications. So it would really be good to catch up stable 2.16
> API. I just started digging through rep(-gtk) source code.
>
> > Since I'm still not that familiar with librep (or any alternative) to
> > fix it up myself, but I may give you some examples, perhaps some of you
> > may have a look at it? That would be definitively great!
> >
> > (define-func gtk_scale_button_new
> >   ;; gtk/gtkscalebutton.h
> >   GtkWidget
> >   ((GtkIconSize size)
> >    (double min)
> >    (double max)
> >    (double step)
> >    (string icons)))
> >
> > -> the fifth arguement is a "const char **" rep-gtk does not like that
> >

> You should use ((tvec string) icons)
>
> See my attached patch for gtk_about_dialog_* functions.
>
> Jürgen

(gtk-scale-button-new 'menu 0 100 0.5 '("gtk-ok"))

... You're right. I already tried that, but because of the incompatible
pointer I've thought it won't work. Also I spoke with Alexey about a new
glue-code wrapper, something based on guile-gnome or such. It's nothing
yet decided, but if you want to volounteer you can have a look at
guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/gtk/gnome/gtk.scm

Also the next release of rep-gtk will be based on 2.12 not 2.16. We will
also need some time to update sawfish.