Re: rep-gtk's glue-code-generator drives me mad

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 11:43:54AM +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently updating rep-gtk to the gtk+ 2.12 API. All of a sudden
> rep-gtk uses the old glue-code-generator (build-gtk.jl) from guile-gtk
> (which has been supersedded by guile-gnome). And when defining several
> stuff it generates incompatible pointers -> non-working functions.

First of all: Thanks for resurrecting rep(-gtk)! I switched back to
sawfish recently and try rep(-gtk) for prototyping Gtk+
applications. So it would really be good to catch up stable 2.16
API. I just started digging through rep(-gtk) source code.

> Since I'm still not that familiar with librep (or any alternative) to
> fix it up myself, but I may give you some examples, perhaps some of you
> may have a look at it? That would be definitively great!
>
> (define-func gtk_scale_button_new
>   ;; gtk/gtkscalebutton.h
>   GtkWidget
>   ((GtkIconSize size)
>    (double min)
>    (double max)
>    (double step)
>    (string icons)))
>
> -> the fifth arguement is a "const char **" rep-gtk does not like that

You should use ((tvec string) icons)

See my attached patch for gtk_about_dialog_* functions.

Jürgen