Re: [README] More on sawfish-ui i18n issue

Am Dienstag, den 18.08.2009, 17:29 +0900 schrieb Teika Kazura:
> Hi, Chris, thank you for your work. I've confirmed what you said.
>
> But I'm puzzled. It seems to suggest that gettext is somehow
> related, but when I eval:
> $ sawfish-client -e '(format standard-error "%s\n" (_ some-text-to-translate))'
> it prints correctly, with i18n init enabled in sawfish/wm.jl
>
> If called in interactive mode, the output of non-ascii is a mess, as
> Wang Diancheng pointed out. So use -e and command-line arg as above.
>
> Regards,
> Teika (Teika kazura)

From Wang:

I think the bug must be exist in function "rep_call_lisp1", please see
the source file "src/server.c:110".

*snip*

val = rep_call_lisp1 (global_symbol_value (Qserver_eval), val);

*snip*

I played a bit around and managed to make it even worser (killed sawfish then starting ui),
except that I also believe that this is causing the issue no clue atm.

But perhaps someone else will finally fix that f#*!°n' issue.

Sawfish rules!