Re: Serious breakage with sawfish 1.3.4

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 07:04:52AM +0200, Christopher Bratusek wrote:

> I (gpointer)'ed the code, to shut up gcc.

That is a cast abuse which made Timo unhappy.

> The reason for not checking if compiling with imlib1 still works,
> is simple: imlib1 is totally outdated, more: imlib2 is already
> available since years.

In that case HAVE_IMLIB code should have been totally removed, or at
least disabled for the time beeing, or replaced with something
updated to use imlib2. 'configure' still sports '--without-gtk-buf'
so it should work.

> I didn't expect someone to still use an that old library

Well, current Fedora rawhide includes imlib-1.9.15-9.fc10 (and fixed
sawish-1.3.4 does compile with it) so apparently something is still
using it. I do not know what else that really may be, though.

   Michal