Re: Sawfish switching workspaces with Galeon

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Jan Kasprzak <kas fi muni cz> wrote:
>        I have been briefly using Metacity (until I found out how to
> run sawfish under GNOME 2.22 - gnome-session no longer accepts
> the WINDOW_MANAGER environment variable :-), and I have discovered that
> Metacity does not have a problem I have been experiencing with Galeon
> web browser for a long time, and which I thought to be a Galeon bug:
>
>        When I run "galeon -n http://some.url/"; (to open a new tab
> in an existing Galeon instance), and Galeon is not on the active
> workspace/viewport, sawfish switches the view to the workspace/viewport
> where Galeon is, and new tab is opened. In metacity, I am able to do this
> without window manager switching workspaces on me. So probably this is
> a sawfish bug (or feature, then tell me please how can I turn it off :-).

It's Galeon that requires focus to the window when a new tab is opened
(for example it doesn't happen with Firefox): Metacity moves Galeon to
the current workspace, Sawfish switches workspace. IMHO both are
reasonable behaviour, I haven't checked if there's an option in
Sawfish to mimic Metacity

--
Andrea