Re: Compiling Sawfish on Slackware 12.0

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 09:41:30AM -0400, Joel J. Adamson wrote:
> Michal Jaegermann <michal harddata com> writes:
> >
> > I have no idea how Slackware is splitting its packages but
> > usually things like 'libglade-xgettext' belong to a "devel" part
> > together with headers and development libraries and you need
> > those anyway if you want to use '--with-libglade'.
>
> And if I don't?  Will it still build?

Not sure if I understand the question.  "If I am missing pieces
required to build something will it still buld?"  It looks to me
like something self-answering.  OTOH why do you insist on
configuring in optional utilities for which you do not have means?
What prevents you from configuring '--disable-themer'?

> Where does the libglade-xgettext command come from?

As I wrote above I cannot tell you about organizational details of
Slackware.  If a distribution is using yum then you can type
'yum install /usr/bin/libglade-xgettext' and it will get installed
if it is available.  It  happens to be a part of 'libglade-devel'
package on Fedora.

> Andrea hinted that
> libglade-xgettext was from an old configuration of libglade and that
> this doesn't need to happen.

The current one is really libglade2; which seriously differs from an
old libglade and in particular does not provide libglade-xgettext.
That would make themer, even if you would succeed building one,
likely not that useful.  Personally I was not trying to build themer
for a long time but if you have to have it then you need
libglade-xgettext and possibly other pieces too.

   Michal