focusing unfocused windows with a click when focus mode is enter-only

Hi list,

With the focus mode set to focus follows mouse (enter-only or similar),
if you put your mouse over WindowA then alt+tab away to WindowB, can
WindowA be refocused with a mouse click?

I tried creating a function similar to 'and-pass-through-click' from
commands/raise-commands.jl with a focus or activate-window call, which
does focus the window, but it stops passing clicks through and I can't
select text. Maybe someone's already written up similar functionality or
there's a hidden option I've missed?

Thanks,

Mike