Re: focusing unfocused windows with a click when focus mode is enter-only

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 5:24 AM, Mike Hokenson <gnome gozer org> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
>  With the focus mode set to focus follows mouse (enter-only or similar),
>  if you put your mouse over WindowA then alt+tab away to WindowB, can
>  WindowA be refocused with a mouse click?

Nope, the only action that's tracked on "enter-only" is "pointer-in".

>  I tried creating a function similar to 'and-pass-through-click' from
>  commands/raise-commands.jl with a focus or activate-window call, which
>  does focus the window, but it stops passing clicks through and I can't
>  select text. Maybe someone's already written up similar functionality or
>  there's a hidden option I've missed?

I think you should create your own enter-only focus mode to add the
click action other than pointer-in, as I can't find a suitable hook
for mouse buttons clicks.

Anyway, without looking at the code, I didn't expected that "click to
focus" was the more complex of the three...

--
Andrea