Window crosshair for task-switching?

Fellow Sawfish users,

Recently, when switching from Eterm to gnome-terminal (UTF-8 requirements), I noticed that when cycling windows using alt-tab that gnome-terminal actually doesn't react in any way to the "half-focused" state the cycle produces before you pick a window (Eterm changes the cursor to a solid block).

Essentially, when I run multiple gnome-terminals borderless I can't really tell them apart during alt-tabbing. So what I would like is some kind of "crosshair" (or artificial border) that, during window cycling, would be painted above the current window.

My lisp is very weak, so I was wondering if someone has any code doing something similar already :)

Yours Sincerely,

Rafal Kolanski.