Re: Release 1.3.4 coming in one/two weeks! SVN access for YOU. Decisions, decisions!

Am Mittwoch, den 23.07.2008, 13:21 +0200 schrieb Janek Kozicki:
Hi all,

Hi Janeck.

1. Release 1.3.4 coming in one/two weeks!

  I just updated the website news about incoming release. Check it out.

Yeah.

2. SVN access for YOU, write access to repository:

  I proposed SVN access for you guys, to speed up our future work.

  Currently it's only me and GSR who can work on SVN. And it's us who
  will commit your patches. Wouldn't it be more efficient if you could
  do it yourself?

  I'm waiting for Timo, Scott, Andrea, Christopher and Teika to apply
  for an account on http://live.gnome.org/NewAccounts

I just did it. Dunno if I'll do much but perhaps it might come in handy.

  See also: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/sawfish-list/2008-June/msg00081.html

3. Decisions, decisions! PLEASE VOTE!

  In fact we can even move to another repository if that's your (not
  mentioned explicitly) prerequisite for you to accept having a write
  access to sawfish repository.

  In this case I simply propose a voting - please reply to this email
  and vote on one of following options:

  revision system:

    1. use BZR
    2. use GIT
    3. use SVN
    4. stay with gnome.org (which moves from SVN to BZR)
    5. propose sth else: ....

I got used to SVN, therefore I'm voting for it.

  server:
    1. use launchpad
    2. use gnome.org (they are moving from SVN to BZR)
    3. use sf.net
    4. propose sth else: ....

What about tuxfamily.org ?

  This voting is only about hosting the repository. The wiki website
  and its working policy is pretty clear and we agreed that it doesn't
  need to change.

best regards

Chris

GNOME/Sawfish rule!