Problems getting menus to work

Hi again,

I installed sawfish 1.3.1 (from source) on a CentOS 5 system at work,
but the menus aren't working. sawfish-menu shows up in the process list
after the first mouse click that would normally bring up a menu, but
nothing happens. I use Debian (and their packages) on my home & work
systems and this never been a problem. There was no difference with or
without the functional ~/.sawfish* files from my desktop, or when
compiling with Debian's diff. Any suggestions? I'd really like to get
Openbox off that machine as it interacts poorly with VMware, which is
it's primary purpose.

Thanks,

Mike