Re: sawfish, eclipse, and the retreating cursor

Eric Holbrook said:     (by the date of Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:31:41 -0600)

> I've been trying to learn Eclipse, and have faced a puzzling issue:
> Whenever i dismiss or complete an Eclipse popup or dialog of any kind,
> the mouse cursor moves to the upper left corner of the main Eclipse
> window. Also, when a new popup appears, it's centered over the upper
> left corner of the main window along w/the cursor.

sure it must be annoying. Let us debug this, please tell us:

- simplest way to reproduce this bug:
   I just did 'sudo aptitude install eclipse', ran it from xterm. And
   clicked several things - all works fine.
   Does this problem occur when you click Help->About Eclipse SDK->OK ?
   If not, please give a simplest way to encouter this.

- sawfish version
- the two "Placement" methods used
- "Focus" configuration
- does it depend on sawfish theme?
- do you have any "Matched windows" configured?
- what are "Miscellaneous->Stacking" options

- linux distro ;)

anything else you think might be relevant.