Re: Confirming this bug still exists.

On Jan 15, 2008 6:57 PM, GSR - FR <famrom infernal-iceberg com> wrote:

> How do you plan to inspect the events?

I didn't end up needing to, comparing the behavior of enter-exit with
enter-only gave me the clues I needed.   If you need to, though:
http://maemo.org/development/tools/doc/x-debug-tools

Very useful.

I think everyone here knows already, but you can paste the code into
sawfish-client to test (you may have to change focus modes away and
back) without rebuilding the entire package.

The whole thing is (with the deleted lines commented out):

  (define-focus-mode 'enter-exit
    (lambda (w action . args)
      (case action
        ((pointer-in)
         (when (window-really-wants-input-p w)
           (set-input-focus w)))
        ;;((pointer-out)
        ;; ;; ignore grab/ungrab leave events
        ;; (when (eq (car args) 'normal)
        ;;   (set-input-focus nil)))
        ((enter-root)
         ;; ensure that any desktop window gets focused
         (set-input-focus w))
        ((warp-if-necessary)
         (unless (eq (query-pointer-window) w)
           (warp-cursor-to-window w))))))