Re: lightweight desktop: components?

Am Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:00:33 -0700
schrieb "David Mohr" <damailings mcbf net>:

> > - desktop panel / tasklist / system tray,
> > - desktop background setting / configuration app,
> > - app for providing desktop icons (if any),
> > - visual file manager?
>
> XFCE does all of that, and is pretty lightweight. So what's wrong with
> that choice?

Yes, I thought that as well, that's why I do use XFCE as desktop
environment of my choice on most of my machines... However I had to
learn that, on hardware not that powerful, the recent XFCE releases
seem to be not that lightweight anymore, unfortunately... :(

Cheers,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu jabber ccc de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771