Re: Opera, sawfish and xinerama window disappears on open new tab

"Josie Imlay" <jimlay gmail com> writes:
> My thought is to find a way to monitor any communication between
> sawfish and opera to try and figure out exactly what the problem is.

Monitoring is possible with xtrace, but the problem is extracting the
relevant communication.  It is also possible that piping the Opera
display connection through xtrace will eliminate the error as piping
through ssh did.  Alternatively you can try xtracing Sawfish.

A good starting point might be to try to analyse the erroneous state
once it occurs.  Has the disappeared window been destroyed or merely
unmapped?  Does it still have the WM_STATE property?  Is it in the
managed-windows list of Sawfish?  For these purposes xwininfo, xprop
and sawfish-client are useful.  You might also try to attach logging
functions to various Sawfish hooks.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>