Re: Tab support as experimental feature in 1.3.4 ?

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl> wrote:
> OK, after some talk on IRC we think it may be done in following way:
>
> 1. Scott will bzr push his tabs code into SVN trunk (with whole history)
>   so that will be a dozen or so of commits. All commits will be
>   subsequent to each other.
>
> 2. After it's committed, we will add a wiki patch page. So that we
>   will not lose track of any single patch. It will be marked as
>   [[Accepted for 1.3.4]]. The actual diff will written in the same
>   manner as in http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/L10n_update or
>   http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Major_C-Part_Clean-Up
>
> 3. since we still don't have a clear policy for naming files/directories
>   with Scott's tabs code - let Scott name them in a way which suits him
>   best. Then we will look at it and start constructive criticism :)
>
> 4. Same with tab-enabled themes
>
> 5. There will be a checkbox to enable tabs in sawfish-ui, marked
>   as EXPERIMENTAL feature.
>

> Please don't hesitate to comment on this idea.

I haven't looked at the code so I can be way off, but as tabs are
theme dependents, could it be activated only when one choose a tabs
enabled theme?

Last time I've looked themes were treated with caution (IIRC "gaoled"
was the term used, at the end it's code that we are downloading and
running from untrusted sources) so probably doing it inside themes is
not feasible.

--
Andrea