Re: update .po files and pot and "special char" problem

Christopher Bratusek said:     (by the date of Mon, 04 Aug 2008 22:25:10 +0200)

> Hi,
>
> a)
>
> we just removed the themer from trunk, but our translations still ship
> it's
> strings, to remove them, we would run
>
> cd po
> ./make-pot generate
>  for i in $(ls *.po); do ./update.sh $(echo $i | sed -e 's/\..*//g');
> done
> sed -e '/#~/d' -i *.po
> cd ..
> vim ChangeLog
> svn commit
>
> Ok to do so?

OK. Go ahead. I will add a wiki patch page for this one though, where
"diff" would be:

  svn diff svn://svn.gnome.org/svn/sawfish/trunk 4249 svn://svn.gnome.org/svn/sawfish/trunk 4250 > TEST.diff

or something like that. Just to not forget about themer completely, and
because translations are more part of sawfish than themer itself.

> b)
>
> There's a problem with "special chars" in sawfish-ui. for example german
> "umlaute"
> (this are ä ö and ü). At the place, there one of them *would be*
> printed, the string
> is truncated, screenshot:
>
> http://www.nanolx.org/sawfish-umlaute-problem.png
>
> The first string is just
>
> "Namen und Icons der Fenster  beim Bl"
>
> but it must be
>
> "Namen und Icons der Fenster beim Blättern anzeigen"
>
> Any Idea?

no indea... If other strings are working - then why they do?