Re: Using _NET_WM properties for window names

Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz <rodrigo nul-unu com> writes:
> Actually, xterm is precisely the app I can't get to work right, but
> maybe is the interaction with everything else. If I get bash to set
> the title to the current dir and enter a dir with non-ascii utf8 chars
> in its name it seems to be sending the raw utf8 bytes but not saying
> it's utf8.

Is the xterm itself running in a UTF-8 locale?

> That's part of what sent me into patch-writing-mode. Unfortunately,
> tough the patch solved some other problems, it didn't solve this one.

Actually, most of the problems that the patch tries to solve can be
solved by running Sawfish in a UTF-8 locale.  It won't read
_NET_WM_NAME or _NET_WM_ICON_NAME but it will handle anything
representable as COMPOUND_TEXT, which appears to be a lot.

> Mmm. Maybe I'll just try again to make my own svn clone. It's just
> that last time I tried I hadn't learned to use git yet.

If you manage to create a clone with identical commits to mine (I
think I just used git-svn clone -s), we might be able to exchange
patches by pulling, although that is apparently more difficult with
git-svn than with pure Git repositories (the git-svn man page
recommends mailing patches instead).

	Timo Korvola		<URL:>

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]