Re: Using _NET_WM properties for window names

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 01:55:44AM +0200, Timo Korvola wrote:
> Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz <rodrigo nul-unu com> writes:
> > On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 08:01:26PM +0200, Timo Korvola wrote:
> >> Are there characters in UTF-8 that cannot be represented as
> >> COMPOUND_TEXT?
> >
> > There most likely are.
>
> It is just that xterm -T 'foo' seems to work for any weird value of
> foo I can throw at it.

Actually, xterm is precisely the app I can't get to work right, but
maybe is the interaction with everything else. If I get bash to set
the title to the current dir and enter a dir with non-ascii utf8 chars
in its name it seems to be sending the raw utf8 bytes but not saying
it's utf8. So I get funny pairs of latin1 chars instead :(

That's part of what sent me into patch-writing-mode. Unfortunately,
tough the patch solved some other problems, it didn't solve this one.

> > Which is another part of what I wanted to bring up. How many people
> > are still using systems without Xutf8Text*?
>
> Is it supported anywhere except XFree86 and X.org?

Good question.

> >> http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola/sawfish.git.
> >
> > Are you mirroring svn there? I'll probably clone that for my own use if so.
>
> My private repository has a full git-svn clone.  Whatever of it is
> referenced by stuff that I push to the public repository ends up
> there.  In practice that is the trunk.  It is not automatically
> mirrored though.

Mmm. Maybe I'll just try again to make my own svn clone. It's just
that last time I tried I hadn't learned to use git yet.

--
Rodrigo Gallardo
GPG-Fingerprint: 7C81 E60C 442E 8FBC D975  2F49 0199 8318 ADC9 BC28