Re: Is there anything comparable out-there?

Timo Korvola said:     (by the date of Tue, 15 May 2007 20:53:11 +0300)

> Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl> writes:
> > I'm wondering if it's a matter of time until we will all have to
> > switch to something else
> Probably, unless we manage to get some development going.

I just got a new thought... What if we could collect some funnding?
Maybe there is someone on this list that would really like to develop
sawfish a bit, but can't because he needs to work for food'n'money. He
could set a paypal account or sth. similar, got some money from us
and do some work... eg. adapting that beryl extension or fixing some
year old bugs (eg. those in or on
that .. other ... place I'm not sure about - official gnome bugzilla?
- it's in the other thread)

But still - we need someone to volunteer doing that... .. for a bit
of money we could offer. I have no idea if (and how much) we could
collect together something.

> There have been other programmable window managers such as gwm, scwm
> and Kahakai, but I fear that they are all dead.

Thanks for your suggestions. Now I realized that I like sawfish so
much that I don't want to try the others... that's weird ;)
I rememeber that many years ago I used one different window manager for
each week - from all the wm's I had in the ditribution :) Heh I've
even done the same with linux distributions - used each one for two
or 6 months untils I picked my favourite. Good old times :)