Re: error compiling sawfish 1.3.1

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 09:04:58PM -0500, Robin Cook wrote:
> I get the below error when I try to compile sawfish 1.3.1.  I am not
> sure what additional information is needed to solve the problem.  I have
> the complete compile logs for librep, rep-gtk, and sawfish including the
> config.logs if they are needed.
>
> (compiling sawfish/wm/workspace.jl)
> (compiling sawfish/wm/gaol.jl)
> error--> (file-error "No such file or directory" "sawfish/wm/util/x")
> make[1]: *** [lisp] Error 10
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/sawfish-1.3.1/lisp'
> make: *** [all] Error 1

Weird, this. There's not supposed to be any sawfish/wm/util/x* Try to
check your makefile and see where that's comming from.

> I also got these messages when running autogen.sh and configure.
>
> Running aclocal
> /usr/share/aclocal/xml-i18n-tools.m4:27: warning: underquoted definition
> of AC_PROG_XML_I18N_TOOLS
> /usr/share/aclocal/xml-i18n-tools.m4:27:   run info '(automake)Extending
> aclocal'
> /usr/share/aclocal/xml-i18n-tools.m4:27:   or see
> http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
> Running autoconf

What versions of the autotools did you use? Check the docs for the
package that provides
 /usr/share/aclocal/xml-i18n-tools.m4
and make sure it does not have a conflicting requirement for some of them.

> configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xdbe.h: present but cannot be compiled
> [ ... ]
> configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h: present but cannot be  compiled

These are harmless. I applied the attached patch in Debian to make
themo go away, but it's more a matter of aestetics than a relar problem.

> checking for rep-gtk libglade wrapper... ^Gno
> configure: WARNING: Can't load rep's libglade wrapper, not building themer

Harmless, too. Just means sawfish-themer doesn't get built. Actually,
it's been deprecated, or something, since quite a while ago.