Re: what is wrong with my ".sawfishrc" file?

On date Wednesday 2007-01-31 23:45:56 -0800, arnuld opened this window:
> below is my ".sawfishrc" file. i just want to do 2 things:
>
> 1.) create a pager that can show me 4 desktops.
> 2.) bind some keys to "emacs" "firefox" & "terminal"(an X terminal
> emulatoer")
>
> i ahve installed "sawfish.wm.ext.pager but i does not work nor even
> the bined-keys ;-( . i read "sawfish wiki" but that did not help. Fvwm
> has lots of documentation but i dont want to use that. i want to use
> sawfish as it is written in my favourite language (Lisp :-)
>
> may you do some correction in  my ".sawfishrc"?

> (bind-keys global-keymap
>  "C-m"       (system "xmms &")
>  "C-t"       (system "terminal &")
>  "C-M-g      'emacs)

 (bind-keys global-keymap
   "C-m"       '(system "xmms &")
   "C-t"       '(system "terminal &")
   "C-M-g"     'emacs))

Here I suppose emacs is the name of some sawfish function you've
already defined (something as '(system "emacs &")).

Note that you need to escape the command to bind to avoid evaluation:
if you don't the expression value will be put in the binding (and not
the function you want to execute).

Another suggestion: "C-m", "C-t" and similiar command will easily
conflict with other application keybindings (such as emacs) so you
should avoid to use control as modifier for the WM/DE: you can use
instead some combination of super.

HTH
--
Stefano Sabatini