sawfish doesn't remember

I'm using idesk and wanting to use sawfish on an older PII laptop. It's a fairly
stripped down Debian Etch system. The sawfish version is 1.3 from the Etch
archives. I'm also loading the sawfish-pager. My trouble is that I have monitors
on the desktop that I want permanently stickied (I load them via my ~/.Xsessions
file) but sawfish doesn't remember there locations or stickieness across
startups (not even the pager location is remembered). I've been using E16, which
does remember everything nicely, but I like the far better selection of themes
in sawfish. Sawfish also seems to preform better and has some useful functions
that E16 doesn't.

Is there a way to get these positions and states to be remembered across boots?

Thanks,
Gary