Re: I beg for a sawfish release..

Michal Jaegermann <michal harddata com> writes:
> On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 12:55:23AM -0700, Mark Diekhans wrote:
> >
> > With the wide spread impression that Sawfish is a dead,
>
> These rumours seems to be somewhat premature.

Sadly, this doesn't seem to be widely known.

> It runs for
> me just fine with the current Fedora rawhide.

and on several version of FreeBSD.

> What stops you from recompiling your own rpm packages from the
> current CVS sources?  That is what I did.

Nothing, although to get my admins to install an RPM that
doesn't come with the distro requires buying them beer.  They
run a 1000 node cluster for us, so there are many other software
things I would rather spend my admin beer budget on.

> Indeed an "official" release would be helpful.

will be glad to assist..

mark