Re: I beg for a sawfish release..

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 12:55:23AM -0700, Mark Diekhans wrote:

> With the wide spread impression that Sawfish is a dead,

These rumours seems to be somewhat premature.  It runs for
me just fine with the current Fedora rawhide.

> So why is a release needed if one can get bug fixes from CVS???
>
>    - no RPMs, so difficult to get installed on admin managed
>      linux systems.

What stops you from recompiling your own rpm packages from the
current CVS sources?  That is what I did.  AFAIK Debian packages
are up to date.

Indeed an "official" release would be helpful.

   Michal