Re: Annoying bug with GNOME 2.6 at startup

John Harper <jsh unfactored org> writes:

> On Jul 8, 2004, at 5:01 AM, Christian Marillat wrote:
>>> Ooops, wm_name is different, scratch what I said about second method.
>>
>> Then why sawfish is unable to do a differance ?
>
> sawfish doesn't check WM_NAME when comparing session items to windows
>
> maybe one way to fix this problem would be to use window size as a
> tie-breaker, e.g. if more than one window matches, don't just choose one
> randomly, choose the one with the size closest to the size of the saved
> window..

You are unlucky by default both panels have the same size.

Christian

blabla christian:~$ xwininfo

xwininfo: Please select the window about which you
          would like information by clicking the
          mouse in that window.

xwininfo: Window id: 0xa00004 "Top Panel"

  Absolute upper-left X:  0
  Absolute upper-left Y:  0
  Relative upper-left X:  0
  Relative upper-left Y:  0
  Width: 1280
  Height: 27
  Depth: 16
  Visual Class: TrueColor
  Border width: 0
  Class: InputOutput
  Colormap: 0x20 (installed)
  Bit Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
  Window Gravity State: StaticGravity
  Backing Store State: NotUseful
  Save Under State: no
  Map State: IsViewable
  Override Redirect State: no
  Corners:  +0+0  -0+0  -0-997  +0-997
  -geometry 1280x27+0+0

blabla christian:~$ xwininfo

xwininfo: Please select the window about which you
          would like information by clicking the
          mouse in that window.

xwininfo: Window id: 0xa00025 "Bottom Panel"

  Absolute upper-left X:  0
  Absolute upper-left Y:  997
  Relative upper-left X:  0
  Relative upper-left Y:  0