Re: Annoying bug with GNOME 2.6 at startup

marillat free fr (2004-07-07 at 1636.50 +0200):
> > I've create a fresh user (so there are the default gnome top and bottom
> > panel) and saved the session, i've attached the file created.
> I see a little problem, the client-id for both panel are the same. It
> is important ?

ICCCM says that there must be other ways to differentiate windows, but
there seem to be hardly one (order?) which is not what the spec says.
Those methods are role, which is not used so fall back to the other,
class+name, which is the same for both panels, so first (role) should
be provided... which is not, and this becomes a cyclic problem.

Dunno if sawfish is having issues saving the info from the windows
(for other windows it does fine) or how other wm cope with the lack of
attention to any of the proposed methods, and dunno if the "should"s
in the spec are just polite or as in RFCs (see rfc2119).

See 5.1 of http://tronche.com/gui/x/icccm/sec-5.html for the spec.

GSR